Tuesday 13 March 2012

080808 ~ Afdal Aimran Suhayl


Aimran at Day 1: Innova Fairfax Hospital, August 8th

This is the story of my youngest son, Afdal Aimran Suhayl, the one who brings the Arabic meaning of kemakmuran (prosperity). He was born on the 8th of August almost four years ago. Hence the 080808!

As a Malaysian diplomat, my son Aimran had all the perks and advantages that the Government has to offer. First class ward, top notch nurses and doctors, and all the pre and post natal care that the American medical services could deliver. For that I am thankful to the Malaysian Government for the policy on the well being of their staff overseas.

Where to start with Aimran? 

He is the only one in the family who is left handed. Still thinks and speaks in English, and calls me "Mama". He thinks faster than he can speak and at almost four years old he is still petite for his size. He has big pout lips that some say has the features of Angelina Jolie or perhaps Dennis Rodman's lips.


Aimran at eight months old, Cedar Mill Court, Vienna, VA

My wife said that of all the boys, Aimran has the features on her family's side, wider eyes, and behaves mostly like my father-in-law, Haji Abdullah Abdul Hamid - he likes everything neat and proper. He hates it when the door is not closed tightly and makes sure that our gate is closed properly after we parked our car on the porch. He also likes to sweep the floor!






Aimran looking cool at 14 months old

At three, he chooses his own attire to wear. He prefers long pants or jeans rather than shorts, and he makes sure that it is properly tucked in. 

Looking at him, makes me wonder that as the third child in my family, I always had things easier. Maybe because my father was earning comfortably as a senior Military officer and could give us more things. I think he was about to be promoted to a Lieutenant Colonel when my younger sister was born ten months apart from me, and Aimran's situation is fairly the same. He always had new shirts, pants, toys and books as if he is the first born.  


 Washington Redskins uniform
Aimran in his best behavior. Aunty Tini's House, Madrillon Ave. 













At our yard in Dec 2009, a few weeks before
moving back to Putrajaya

The Virginian-born son with Barry 
Though he enjoyed everything a father can give, I am guilty of one thing - he's going to be four years old this August, and we haven't had a proper celebration for him. I will do that soon my son Chuhail as his elder brother Arfan calls him. 

Of all the three boys, Ilhan is the one who speaks the earliest while Arfan could only arrange sentences at  three and Aimran still speaks in his own language which I think he gets from me in speaking gibberish. Hehehe...

Crew cut Aimran at Taman Keramat
I remembered a good friend of mine in Washington who said, "This one (Aimran) is going to be the leader of the pack because he's smart, he knows what he wants and he'll get what he wants." Which is true on the what he wants part, for now.

Looking at my boys, I still can't believe that I'm a father. (Sayang jangan marah haaa...)

Trying his skills on Abang Afiq's rubic cube,
Kempas Baru, Johor  Bahru

Yankees Baseball at Sri Lavender, Kajang














I am truly blessed with three strapping boys, healthy, active and more than we can handle. I hope one day, there's a Binti Afdal Izal after this. 

Kerja Kuat!!

Aimran was born three days before my mother passed away. He is the only grandchild that my late mother hadn't the opportunity to embrace close to her bosom. I will always see him age with time and remember the date my mother passed away. The three blog entries about my sons is dedicated to you, ma. 

Al-fatihah.

Afdal Aimran Suhayl 




















4 comments:

  1. Yes, Mr. Cool. Last jumpa kat DC pastu dh x jumpa2 since now. Dh beso plak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. u missed ur boys la....suke tp mcm sedey jer bila baca..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ye la, nanti kalau happy sangat Shareel kata haipp... enjoy plak duduk jauh2... hihi...

      Delete